NEW eBOOK IN ENGLISH
Dog training - Questions & Answers
Handbook for dog lovers and owners. Behavior, psychology, home education and dog training of all breeds. Step by step. Beginner & Intermediate Level. Page size A5, 12 chapters, 518 pages, 237 photos, drawings and tables.
Author: Dusan Dule Marinovic. Translation: Angela Kanacki. Belgrade, April 2018.
> More than 340 most important questions and answers about education, psychology and dog training
> Tips and tricks used by professionals
> Beginning and intermediate course: gradually, step by step to success
> Available only in digital form, download by link or on a CD
> The book is readable on all computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
Price: € 12.90 for download by link or € 19,90 on CD (shipping costs for all European countries included in the price).
Payment via PayPal or your payment cards.
"eBook ′Dog training - Questions & Answers′ was created on the basis of decades of personal experience and research by author, journalist and dog expert Dusan Dule Marinovic. The book is also the result of his numerous interviews and expert discussions with owners, breeders, cynologists and professional dog trainers.
Therefore, this book consists of numerous questions and answers, is a clear, useful, logical, understandable and, most importantly, direct and practical expert manual on how to train your pet with yourself with little effort, work and exercise, but also with a lot of understanding, patience and love.
The book guides the reader from the beginning, from the puppy's arrival to your home! We recommend this book to those who intend to or have just bought their pet. This book is a useful and practical manual for those who want to deepen their insights into psychology and the reasons behind certain dog behaviors, but also for those who want to have a well-educated, mentally balanced and obedient pet in their home."
HOW TO BUY THE EBOOK "DOG TRAINING - QUESTIONS & ANSWERS"?
eBook "Dog Training - Questions & Answers" or DOWNLOAD LINK for it can be purchased online at a price of € 12.90 via your payment card or PayPal.
If you want to buy the eBook on a CD and have it delivered to your home address, you can do so at a price of € 19,90 (the shipping costs for all European countries are included in the price).
Don′t forget to send your current email address to which I will immediately send you a link to download your signified eBook, after the payment has been recorded.
Note: When you purchase our eBook via PayPal, it can take up to several hours until I send the link to your email inbox via Wetransfer.
You can download a free sample of the eBook on this link: Sample Dog training - Questions & Answers (3.3 MB)
Please feel free to contact me for any additional information.
> Online payment via PayPal for eBook "Dog training - Questions & Answers" for a DOWNLOUD LINK on your hard drive = € 12.90:
> Online payment via PayPal for eBook "Dog training - Questions & Answers" on the CD (we send CD to your address, included shipping costs for all European countries in the price) = € 19.90:
Važna napomena: kupci iz Srbije (rezidenti Srbije) knjigu NE MOGU platiti preko PayPal-a zbog postojećeg Zakona o deviznom poslovanju Republike Srbije.
Dusan Marinovic, author
editor of Natura Online
See the contents of the whole book as follows:
Chapter 1: What should I know about getting a dog before I proceed with it?
• What does it mean to be a responsible dog owner?
• What’s my choice in all of this?
• What’s the difference between pet dogs and those intended for showing at kennel exhibitions?
• What does it mean when a dog is said to be that of breeding quality?
• Why are hunting dogs special?
• Should I get precisely a puppy?
• How old should a puppy so that I can take him from a breeder?
• Is getting an adult dog a good idea?
• Some people advise me to get a female first and others are totally against it. Do you think that it’s better to take a male or a female at the beginning?
• How much does a good puppy of a Labrador Retriever, say, cost?
• Suffering for the owner
• Why are dog prices so different?
• Additional expenses
• How much does a dog's normal keeping cost?
• How will I know that my puppy that I intend to take - is purebred?
• Do I buy a purebred puppy without a pedigree?
• Is the pedigree a guarantee for puppy's quality?
• Where can I get and how much time do I need to find a good dog?
• What is in fact a responsible breeder?
• How can I find a responsible breeder?
• Carefully take your time!
• What should I ask a breeder?
• Should the breeder have additional certificates for his dogs?
• How can I find out if the puppy is already socialized and what his temper is like?
• What can a breeder ask me?
• The breeder told me that he had reported the litter, but that he hadn’t received any genealogies from the kennel club yet. Should I get such a puppy without papers?
• What are ordinary breeders like?
• Can I buy a good puppy from them also?
• Can I find a good dog on the Internet?
• The father of the puppy I would want to take has NC in front of his name. What does it mean?
• What are puppies that are being sold at the pet stores like?
• Can I get a dog out of an asylum for abandoned dogs?
• How do I know if the puppy is healthy?
• How should a healthy puppy look like?
• Do I need some experience to take an adult dog?
• The breed I want has more varieties. What color of a dog should I choose?
• I don't have that much money and I would like to buy a quality dog. Is this possible?
• Sterilization and castration
• When is a puppy ready to leave his mother and her litter?
• Do I get a male or female?
• How do I assess puppy’s temper?
• Why put a puppy through these tests and trials?
• How to choose the right puppy?
• How should a healthy adult dog look like?
• What are the reasons that some people give their dogs up?
• What should I do if in the future I’m no longer able to keep my dog?
Chapter 2: Where and how to accommodate a puppy?
• What does dog accommodation have to do with dog training?
• When would it be best to bring the puppy home?
• Will the puppy be traumatized when he comes to our home?
• How will a puppy accept my children?
• Where would a good place for a dog to sleep be?
• What should I use as a puppy's bed?
• Do I let the puppy sleep in my bed?
• Alarm clock
• What should I do if the puppy doesn't want to sleep in his place?
• Where should I feed my dog?
• Atavistic phenomenon
• What type of food and water bowls should I buy for my dog?
• I have a backyard and I would like for the dog to stay outside. Does he need a dog house?
• Before the dog comes to you
• How big should a doghouse for a mid-sized dog be?
• What kind of a dog house do you recommend for my dog?
• What should I use as a bed in a doghouse?
• How do I secure a yard so that my dog would be completely safe?
• What kind of fence is safe enough for my dog?
• Should I tie a dog? And if so, when do I do it?
• I've heard that there are some invisible fences for dogs. Is it true?
• And what if a dog looses or drops that special necklace?
• Since my yard isn’t fenced, can a dog be tied to a tree?
• What other dangers threaten my puppy in the house and the yard?
• Some say that it's a torture to keep a dog in the apartment. What do you think about that?
• We have a small apartment and it worries us that the dog will feel damped in it?
• Is it true that some house-grown plants can be poisonous to dogs?
Chapter 3: House education - What is it?
• What do you mean by the dog's house education?
• What house rules should I immediately establish?
• How can I forbid the puppy to enter my bedroom?
• How can I teach a dog not to climb and lie on the couch?
• Can we leave the puppy completely alone in the apartment only because my family goes to work and I am at school? Will he make a chaos in the apartment?
• How can I prevent a puppy from making a mess in the house when I'm away?
• Transport crate as an artificial den
• Does the portable crate serve only as a transportation unit or can it be used for the dog's stay in the apartment?
• What kind of portable crate would fit the puppy the most even when he grows up?
• How long can a dog stay in the apartment or a crate without having to pee or poop?
• How can I prevent a puppy from "going about his business" in the apartment?
• Can I take my dog out when there's intolerable and tropical heat?
Chapter 4: How do dogs really behave?
• What drives a dog to act like a dog?
• Is it true that all the dogs originate from the wolf and that their origin affects their behavior today?
• What's a pack mentality?
• How did the dogs (r)evolution "take place"?
• What's the purpose of life in the pack?
• Does the pack mentality mean anything if I only have one dog?
• Does the pack mentality relate to both my dog and me?
• How can I easily learn the reason my dog behaves exactly the way he does?
• How do dogs communicate?
• Dog language - the speech of their body
• How does a subordinate dog behave?
• How does a dominant dog behave?
• What can happen if I misunderstand my dog's body language?
• Will the dog behave the same to all the members of our family and can he be dangerous to someone in particular?
• Does this territorial mentality relate to my dog?
• Will my dog's and my temper get along well?
• What is the typical dog temper like?
• When choosing, how can I find out what type of nature a puppy will have when he grows up?
• How to assess the nature of an adult dog?
• How do puppies typically behave?
• How will my dog behave like when he is six to seven months old?
• What can I expect from an adult dog?
• How do older dogs behave?
• What does it, in fact, mean to have a dog for a pet?
• How forgetful can dogs get?
• An obligation or a pleasure?
• What type of dogs represents good guard dogs?
• What can a dog be like with my children?
• What can I do to get the dog and my children to get along?
• Can I leave my dog alone with the children?
• What type of dogs is good for the elderly?
• How can my dog behave towards strangers in the house?
• How will my dog, most likely, behave in the company of other dogs?
• Neutral territory
• How can a dog treat pets other than dogs?
• What are show dogs’ characteristics?
• Should I be interested in the differences between working and show dogs in a particular breed when I get my pet?
• How do I know for what exactly the puppy that I want to get is bred?
• Is it true that dogs do many things intuitively or under the influence of their temper?
• How long do dogs live?
• Is there anything that a dog won't put in his mouth?
• Why do some dogs like to swim so much while others are scared of the water?
• What can a dog be used for today be?
• Are there any special actions that only some dogs or breeds can do?
• Why do so many people want to have a pet dog?
• Have dogs always been popular?
• Is the great popularity of the breed a guarantee that such a dog will be good for me?
• What type of dogs do people most often get as pets?
• What are your arguments that a dog is a completely right choice for me?
• Why, perhaps, shouldn't I get a dog?
• Do dogs often get sick and suffer from hereditary diseases?
• Are dogs, and to which extent, clean animals?
• I heard that dogs can be very boring and possessive beings. Is that true and what does it mean?
• Are dogs really sensitive beings?
• Are only a small dog breeds suitable for our small apartments?
• What kind of dog breed would suit me best in terms of my temperament and personality?
• What are the basic dog needs, that is, what's the most necessary in life to them?
• Should a dog be outside the house in the yard all the time?
• Unnecessary isolation
• When my neighbors let their dog in the house, he simply "goes crazy" and they can't calm him down for some time? Why does a dog respond like this?
• To what extent can a dog withstand low temperatures?
Chapter 5: Educating and basic house rules for a dog
• What does "dog education" mean?
• When is it the best time to start to work on my dog’s education?
• How can I teach a puppy to respond to her/his name?
• An unusual shift in behavior
• What should I do if a puppy doesn't listen to me?
• Mutual trust and respect
• What does it mean to be consistent in training?
• Isn't a delicious dessert the best stimulus for a dog to do something right?
• What’s the purpose of the punishment?
• Which command is most often used in training?
• How can I learn the puppy urgently to stop defecating in the apartment?
• Where is it best to accommodate a puppy who constantly wets all over the apartment?
• How do the newspapers prevent the puppy from defecating in the apartment?
• How many times a day do I need to take the dog outdoors to fulfill his needs?
• What to do when a puppy already does "the did"?
Chapter 6: How to start training your dog?
• How much exercise does my dog need each day?
• Are there any exercises that a puppy shouldn't do?
• There are no easy solutions
• How do I know when my dog has had enough exercise when he's almost tireless?
• Can I train my dog only in my yard?
• How much practicing does an older dog need?
• What kind of equipment do I need to get before I start training my dog?
• What kind of necklace and leash are good for a dog?
• Which one is better: leather or metal necklaces?
• Why do some dogs have small tiles on their necklaces and what purpose do they serve?
• Is a metal leash good for my dog?
• What kind of toys would be good for my puppy?
• Why are the toys important?
• Which toys should I avoid?
• What's the connection between toys, games and dog training like?
• Who can train a dog?
• I work from morning until the late afternoon. How can I organize the training when I'm never home?
• Can my children participate with me in dog training, even when I'm away?
• Can someone, instead of me, teach my dog the basic things because I don't have the time or the knowledge to do that?
• Discipline – what was that?
• How much does dog training cost with a professional trainer?
• What are group training courses for dogs like?
• Why is training so important for a dog?
• Okay, but what happens if there’s no training?
• Is the dog alone guilty for his own bad or unpleasant behavior?
• What’s the solution to this problem?
• Are all the rules of training applied equally to all dogs?
• Is it hard to train dogs?
• What kind of techniques should I use in training?
• When is the right time to teach a puppy to walk on a leash?
• What does it mean to be consistent in training?
• How can training inconsistencies reflect in dog behavior?
• Is it better to reward or punish a dog during training?
• What is the essence of positive reinforcement?
• Do dogs in general like training and exercises?
• When is it best to start training a dog and how much does the basic training usually last?
• What are the activities that every dog can learn?
• What if I can't spare enough time to train my pet?
• Where can I find out more about dog training?
Chapter 7: And now - the practical training
• What is the real purpose of training?
• What should dog training look like and what should I teach my dog?
• Is a "choke collar" good for training?
• How and when is it best to begin with obedience training?
• What signs should I use in training?
• Why is the dog always placed to my left?
• What kind of effect do commands have on the dog?
• What’s a positive reinforcement in training?
• Don't ever torture a dog!
• Do I apply force if the dog doesn't listen to my commands?
• How to punish a disobedient dog?
• Maternal punishment
• Is there a precise plan and sequence of training exercises?
• Is it true that some specially trained dogs cost a lot of money?
• How can I quickly teach a puppy to respond to his name and come to me?
• What should I do when a puppy doesn't come to me and ignore my call?
• How should I teach my dog to heel?
• What should I do if a dog that’s on a leash doesn't go with me?
• A trick with the tree
• How should I teach him to go alongside my leg when I turn left or right?
• The leash and the punishment
• Why is the dog sometimes a few steps behind when we do this exercise?
• My dog can't concentrate on the exercise because he constantly looks at something else. What should I do?
• How can I teach him, when we run together, to be alongside my left leg?
• How can I teach a dog to sit down?
• How can I learn a dog to stay in place?
• Where do we usually make mistakes?
• I want to teach my dog to lay down on my command. How does this work?
• Take out or calling a dog?
• I tried it... There's no way my dog will lie down! What should I do?
• Can I teach my dog to lie down for as long as I ask, even when I get away from him?
• "Work in their blood"
• How can I call a dog who’s very far from me to come to me?
• After he comes, how can I teach a dog to sit right in front of me?
• What's the trick with throwing stones, chains or keys to the dog?
• When should you use this key trick?
• When can I start to walk the dog without a leash?
• How is this done?
• Is it wrong and how can I teach my own, otherwise, quiet dog to bark?
• Food as bait and incentive in training
• Never run after a dog!
• How much barking is normal for a dog? And what does excessive barking mean?
• How can I teach my dog not to take food from other people?
• How is this exercise practically conducted?
• How do I get my dog not to pick up food when we're outdoors or in a walk?
• A dog mousetrap and an inductor phone
• What can I do so that my dog doesn't take food from unknown people even when I'm not present there?
• How can I teach a dog to bring me a dropped ball or a stick?
• How can you teach a dog to retrieve objects with a game?
• What should I do if a dog doesn't let go of the object when he comes to me to retrieve it?
• What does the dog training technique for retrieving look like?
• What kind and how much should the items for this exercise weigh?
• Amusement in retrieving
• What does it mean to get a dog to retrieve an object by force?
• How can I learn a dog to skip obstacles?
• How high should the barrier for a dog be?
• Necessary fitness
• What can I do if the dog doesn't want to go over the obstacle?
Chapter 8: What else can a dog do?
• In addition to home education and obedience exercises, what else can I expect from my dog?
• What time is the most suitable for a dog to perform tasks, train, run?...
• Should I learn my dog to swim?
• Where's the best place for my dog to learn to swim?
• Can a dog save a child or a man that's drowning from the water?
• When can l introduce the puppy to water?
• What should I do if a dog doesn't want to enter the water?
• Which games do dogs like the most, and which ones should I avoid?
• Is training the same for all hunting dogs and what can I expect from my hunting dog?
• Is Labrador a hunting dog?
• What specifically do dogs who are trained for special purposes do?
• In what way are dogs used for therapeutic purposes?
• What do dogs trained for field detection actually do?
• Is it true that dogs who find narcotics have drugs introduced in their diet and that that's the reason why they live briefly?
• Which other special purposes are dogs being trained for other than the ones mentioned?
Chapter 9: What problems can your dog cause?
• I have serious problems with the neighborhood because of my dog’s constant barking. How can I get him to stop?
• How can I get the dog to stop jumping on me and other people out of joy?
• What should I do when the dog keeps whining persistently while we are eating?
• My dog can't resist stealing food from the kitchen. How can I get him to stop?
• He worships my armchair. How can I convince him that it's just mine?
• Original solutions of the more experienced ones
• My dog, sometimes, can nibble on me unpleasantly and even bite me softly when we're playing? How can I get him to stop?
• Should I forbid my dog to lick my hand and face?
• Should I allow him to hold his head tilted out of the window as we drive, because if I don't let him, he can "get wild" in the car?
• Can I have problems if my dog doesn't have any kind of identification?
• Is a dog, that's constantly with us in the apartment, in need of any identification?
• Is the identification plate sufficient to protect my dog?
• Can the tattoo number prevent the theft of my dog?
• Is it true that a dog microchip is the best way of identifying and protecting it as people claim?
Chapter 10: How do professionals do it?
• Reportage from a Military training center in Nis
Chapter 11: Behavior and dog communication
• To what extent is dogs' behavior a matter of inherited factor, and how much of it is learned or acquired?
• What are dog's basic instincts?
• Ritual of lifting the leg
• How do dogs communicate with their smelling sense?
• Do the dogs mark the territory with their feces as well?
• Why dogs sniff and have a stand-off with one another when they meet?
• An emotional being
• Why do dogs, after a great deal of urgency, sometimes scratch the ground with their paws?
• How does a dog call on us to play with him?
• Why is my dog sometimes hiding and going to the corner of the room?
• Why does a dog spin in a circle before laying on his patch?
• How does the female know exactly what to do when she brings puppies to the world?
• To what extent can a health condition affect dog's behavior?
• Do dogs, like ourselves, experience severe stress situations?
• How does a dog who wants to impose on others behave and look like?
• How does a dog who doesn't care about the struggle for dominance with other dogs behave?
• What will happen when two males of the same strength, size and self-confidence meet?
• How do I recognize a dog preparing to attack?
• Can a fight between males and females in the dog world occur?
• Do adult dogs attack puppies?
• Do dogs, with their voices, want to tell us something?
• Should a dog go to kennel competitions?
• Why is beauty and appearance, in the cynological world, more favored than the use value of a dog?
• What are the cynological exhibitions aimed at today? I heard that everything can happen at one, like placings, buying off results, titles... What is the real truth?
• Should I go to cynological exhibitions with my dog?
• Should I, at some point, get into professional breeding from a hobby, and I make some money while doing it?
• What's a ring training and how does a cynological judge evaluate a dog?
• How to best present a dog at the exhibition?
• How can I perfect my dog’s stance?
• Is there something else that's important to know about exhibitions?
Chapter 12: Work and breeding exams, competitions and important rules
• What is an IPO program or IPO policy?
• What is the difference between the degrees of IPO exam?
• What other dog exams and competitions exist?
• Basic Exams
• Specialized exams for targeted purposes
• Sports-recreational tests of the tournament type
• What is mondioring?
• What is körung or dog breed survey?
• Preparation of documentation for a körung or dog breed survey
• How do dogs pass their socialization evaluation?
• IPO–1 (FCI Regulations 2012)
• IPO – 1 Phase "A" – Tracking
- General requirements
- Acceptable Tracking Fields
- Laying the tracks
- Placing the article
- Tracking Articles
- Execution and judgment of the tracking work
- Scent Pad
- Track Performance
- Indicating or picking up the articles
- Leaving the track
- Praising the dog
- Reporting out
- The handler
- Track layouts
• IPO-1 Phase "B" Obedience
- General requirements
- Beginning an exercise
- Basic Position
- Categorizing the exercises
- Additional commands
- Off-Leash heeling
- Sit in motion
- Down with recall
- Retrieve on the flat
- Retrieve over a hurdle
- Retrieve over the scaling wall
- Send out with down
- Down under distraction
• IPO-1 Phase "C" Protection
- General Requirements
- Protection helper/Protection clothing
- Reporting in
- Search for the helper
- Bark and hold
- Prevention of an attempted helper escape
- Defence of an attack in the guarding phase
- Attack on the dog out of motion
• What type of hunt are Retrievers used for?
• How does a hunting exam look when it comes to Retrievers?
• What is the difference in training between English and Continental Pointers?
• Which dogs are used for hunting today and is there any official division of hunting dogs?
• What is the hunting exam for pointers like?
• How do Terriers and Hounds take the innate trait exam?
• Appeals of a dog
About the author
Natura Online (27.4.2018)